A franking machine is a useful tool to any company looking to send out high volumes of mail. They essentially print a stamp of the mail piece and save you money at the same time. The cost saving a franking machine can deliver over the Royal Mail is roughly 20%.
The cost of a franking machine is around £30 a month to rent or about £3,000 a year to buy outright. The company also pays for the postage also.
There are lots of suppliers of Franking Machine suppliers including itney Bowes, Neopost, FP Mailing and Frama UK.
Many of these companies will have promotions running where you have a 30 day free trial and at the moment one is as low as £14 a month!
The main benefits of franking machines are:
- Gaining a cheaper postage price for you mail
- Making your mail piece look professional by including your brand next to the indicia
- Pay the correct postage for your post
- Its quicker than licking and sticking stamps and a lot easier too!
- You can keep tabs on how much you are spending easily with an end of day job report.
Why use a Franking Machine?
Franking machines became a popular method of saving money