Data Health Check
Our Data Health Check service is designed to help you, save money and improve response rates on your direct mail campaigns, as well as helping you to remain GDPR compliant, by cleaning your data to remove undeliverable recipients before sending your campaign.
The process is remarkably easy and can be applied to both your existing recipient groups on the Stannp platform and also to new data when you upload it to the platform.Click To Show Benefits GDPR
Existing Recipient Groups
Navigate to your recipient groups page on the Stannp Dash, which you can find in the Mailing List tab, or by going to
- Next to each recipient group in the Health Check column you will see our ambulance icon. Simply click the ambulance next to the recipient group you want to check; there is no charge at this point in the process.
- The system will start running and the icon will change to the cog symbol; at this point you are free to carry on with creating your campaign on the Stannp platform or even close the page, the health check will still run.
When you upload new data to the platform, on the Upload your data page you will see this tick box next to the IMPORT DATA button:
Our system defaults to checking your data for you; if you leave the tick in the box it will run the health check for you as the data uploads and report the results. Alternatively, if you don't want to run the health check all you need to do is un-tick the box before clicking the button.
When the check is complete the Health Check column will display one of two things:
- 0, which means the data has been checked and there are no undeliverable recipients, or
- a number and this alert symbol
The number next to the alert symbol tells you how many records in the recipient group are classed as undeliverable and are available to be suppressed. Clicking the alert symbol will give you a detailed breakdown;
The data is reported in three categories;
- Aways; the recipient has moved to a new house.
- Deceased; the recipient has been registered as deceased.
- Mail Preference Service; the recipient has registered themselves with the Mail
- Preference Service and therefore doesn't want to receive unsolicited advertising.
Using the tick boxes on the left you can choose to supress recipients in any or all of these categories before sending a campaign, depending on your campaign goals.
For example, if you are sending an enveloped letter to existing customers you might want to still include those who are MPS registered, whilst removing those who are deceased and gone away. Alternatively, if your campaign is an advertising postcard to new prospective customers, you might be happy to still include gone away and deceased recipients as there is likely to be someone else living at that address but will want to remove anyone who is MPS registered.
As you select the recipients you want to supress the total cost will be displayed on the right-hand side. When you are happy with your selection you can either checkout with your existing Stannp platform balance or click the CONTINUE TO PAYMENT button to pay for the service directly.
Suppressing undeliverable recipients saves you money and improves your campaign response rates, by only sending your mailings to amenable recipients. Whilst GDPR doesn't apply to direct mail, using this service also helps you meet your data management requirements by keeping your data up to date.
Once you've paid our system will create a new cleaned recipient group for you, with the data removed for the recipient types you've selected. Your original group will not be deleted or flagged and will still show on your list of recipient groups on the Stannp.com platform.